Look at yourself with love and satisfaction, and don’t give up on your failure points, it’s the first step to success. Certainly, you have beautiful things or abilities you haven’t discovered yet and look back only to gain experience and self-development.
Some practical tips that can increase your self-confidence:
1. Identify your weaknesses
Identify your weaknesses so that you can improve and develop yourself, every human being has weaknesses, there is no complete person. Make sure that this successful and confident person did not reach his goals until he has made a lot of mistakes more than once, and he has grown his abilities and worked to improve his weaknesses.
2. Identify your strengths
Don’t give up and say you don’t have strengths. Search yourself well and take advantage of your strengths, and highlight and grow them. If you are fluent in English, take advantage of this mastery in a particular area and be proficient. If you have a tactful talk, take advantage of this to form new social relationships. If you have fitness, make more practicing it boosts self-confidence.
3. Be Brave
Fear will inevitably detract from your ability to accomplish and trust yourself, so never to give up into it. Be brave and do everything new and useful, deal with people and acquire new skills. Encourage yourself whether you fail or not and reward it if you succeed.
4. Take care of your appearance
Take care of your look, dress up in stylish clothes, and take care of your hairstyle and makeup if you are a woman. Don’t neglect your personal hygiene, you should know that your self-interest will give you confidence.
5. Feed your mind
Read newspapers, books, and magazines, and be sure to see everything new around you. Reading helps you gain knowledge and the ability to think better.
6. Positive Friends
Stay away from negative friends and their depressing outlook on life. A friend who is always critical and focuses on weaknesses won’t help you boost your self-confidence. Keeping positive is not easy and will be harder among negative friends. Find positive friends who support you, praise your efforts and push you forward.
If you don’t have a particular hobby, look for something you love to do, and accept new hobbies even if you never imagined you were doing it. Hobbies improve your mood, increase your energy and boost your self-confidence.
Engage in discussions and conversations with friends, share opinions bravely and gain speaking skills, which will increase your self-confidence over time.
9. Support yourself and others
Always encourage yourself, and if you’re frustrated for a moment, remind yourself of your strengths and positive steps even if they’re small. Be a positive source of energy for yourself and others, push your friends forward and direct them if you have feedback, your support for your friends will be positive for you. Look for positive relationships in your life through which you support yourself and others, and stop whipping yourself.
Meditative moments will give you inner peace, and provide you with positive energy that boosts your self-confidence. Sometimes we need to be in a quiet, green place to free ourselves from emotions and clear the mind of all negative thoughts and energies.
(confidence | self-confidence | self-esteem):
Confidence is the product of your positive ideas and successful achievements in your life.
It is well known that a person with self-confidence achieves a lot of success and happiness in his life, self-confidence means a person’s belief in his abilities and talents, and it means believing in his ability to achieve his goals. Self-confidence is an acquired trait that can be acquired by following certain habits and making them an integral part of your life, also it has many manifestations and behaviors that indicate it.
Any human needs confidence to perform all the things of his life whether they are simple or complicated such as, crossing the street, cooking, standing on stage and even talking, there are many people do not have even a small percentage that enables them to trust and rely on their abilities.
Self-confidence is a human that has a positive belief in himself, also believe in his ability to reach his goals and dreams, and to achieve success away from frustration, negativity, and introversion, any self-confident person sees in each ordeal an opportunity to succeed in life.
Self-esteem is different Entirely from the arrogance that afflicts some people, that feel themselves higher and better than anyone, while a self-confident person does not compare himself to anyone.
Signs of self-confidence
There are some signs and indications that a person is confident in himself:
• Body language characterized by a regular and thoughtful movement of hands and facial expressions, as well as straight walking that studied at every step, maintaining a straight back position and raised head which indicates high self-esteem, as well as a clear and loud tone of voice and clear speech away from hesitation or stuttering to speak.
• Beautiful appearance and good tidy clothes, all of these things indicate a confident person who cares about the finer details of his appearance and elegance.
• Brisk walking indicates a successful person with a lot of work and tasks assigned to him and a very confident person.
• Smiling is always one of the most important signs of self-confidence.
• Positive energy, activity, and vitality, away from negativity, defeatism, frustration, and anxiety, most successful and self-confident people in this world see every ordeal as a grant, they see the bright side of this world, and they see that everything is possible and there is no place for the impossible in this world.
• Science and culture are one of the most important signs now in this world, you should try your best to have information in many fields and human sciences.
The first point that we need to recognize is the causes of low self-confidence
Before every treatment, we have to put our hands on the disease Then we will proceed with the right treatment for it.
There are many reasons including:
1- Dramatize things and situations so that you feel people around you focus on your weakness and watch every abnormal movement you make.
2- Fear and anxiety that you will make contrary behavior to the habit so that others do not face you with blame or contempt.
3- Your feeling that you are a weak human being and you can not offer anything in front of others, also you feel that yourself is nothing and not distinguished by anything, and the person who suffers from this destructive thinking sees himself as a despicable human being and still in this thinking until this idea control his mind and becomes a reality unfortunately.
4- This point is the most serious problem because it destroys you and destroys all the creative energy you have, you must first stop disrespecting yourself and refining it with some words that destroy your character such as “I am stupid”, “I am a loser”, “I am weak”, these phrases pose a serious danger to the soul and destroy it while you do not feel. You have to know that these words are demolition shovels and you have to stop using them from this moment because they destroy your psyche and paralyze its abilities if they control your thinking.
There are many causes of low self-esteem that help you determine the source of this problem in order to eliminate it:
1. This feeling may be due to a failure in study or work or receiving some severe criticism from the parents or a manager in a harmful or untenable manner.
2- An old incident such as embarrassment or severe reprimand in front of others or comparison between you and your peers and the weakness of your abilities and talents.
3- The negative look of friends or family of yourself and not relying on you in important matters, or not giving you the chance to prove yourself and much more.
4- Your thinking that determines weak personality:
Low of self-confidence is usually the result of thinking that you are a weak person and this has a negative effect on you. Imagine that your inner voice and mind tell you, “You’re uncomfortable!” “No one prefers to talk to you!” or “You are ashamed of yourself?” maybe all this by the result of a situation that happened with you in front of a large gathering of people and you got embarrassed, so you started to install the idea of not self-confidence in your subconscious.
Here, of course, negative thinking will control your mind, making you unable to deal with people, whether at school, working, university and even with friends and family.
how to build self-confidence?
It’s good to know that self-confidence is possible to have and there are things you can do to boost your self-confidence, here are some important tips you can take to develop your self-confidence and reach the success you want.
• Prepare yourself
The first step you have to take is to prepare yourself for the journey of gaining self-confidence, first, you have to know where are you now, where do you want to go and what do you want to be, and your readiness for this journey requires five things:
• Learn from your mistakes
Remember that no one is infallible! We are human beings, everyone has mistakes and maybe much bigger than yours, even the most self-confident people also feel dissatisfied with themselves as a result of those mistakes and the pitfalls of life they face. What distinguishes you from others is that you can face these pitfalls and from here you start self-confidence, as long as circumstances do not affect you make sure that you have a great deal of self-confidence. At times in our lives, we may feel like we miss something or someone this may also be one of the reasons for not trusting yourself, I know that life is full of falls during your career, don’t worry everyone misses something important in his life, a job! A wife! A son! Money, all this will come and go and you will get the feeling of lack of something from time to time as a result of your need for something new always enters to your life, do not make this feeling affect you, be satisfied with what you are in and with the beginning of satisfaction experts confirm that this is the beginning of self-confidence, I did that too.
• Take a look at achievements: Take a look at your life so far, and write a list of the top 10 achievements you’ve achieved so far, you might have achieved the highest score in a test, played an important role in a team, or done something that changed someone’s life for the better, make sure you write them in a specific place, to read it whenever you feel like it, and every week you add more achievements in it.
• Select your destination and goal! Everybody is good at something and characterized by it, here your turn comes, discover what you are characterized and innovate in, and work hard to discover your talents this is the first step on the road to success, and then the self-confidence signal increases to 100 %! Don’t say I’m not good at anything! and don’t associate what you are good at with your university or study degree, so you may be creative in another field where you will find a lot of success, so don’t restrict yourself.
You may find yourself adept at art, music, writing, volunteering in charity, etc., everyone in this great universe is born with his own talents, strengths and something that is special and that’s what makes us need each other to live together. You can develop yourself, only discover your talent and develop it. There’s nothing wrong with starting late to discover and develop your talent! But the shame is to stand as you get bogged down in the pitfalls of life! You’re a lot bigger than you think.
• Be positive
Even if you don’t feel positive in your life! Don’t let yourself or others make you feel inferior! If you talk negatively about yourself in front of yourself and others like I can’t find a job! I’m bad luck! I’m having trouble, surely you will underestimate yourself in front of yourself first and others as well! It’s definitely not going to do you any good except low of confidence. Think about those earlier sentences, will it affect you positively? Definitely not. Alternatively, you can talk positively about yourself, about your future, about the progress you seek and predict for your future, you should strengthen these ideas in your mind and encourage yourself in a positive direction to increase your self-confidence as well as start your success.
• Take care of your way of speaking and reacting
Face that point that attention to the way you talk! your word exits! useful talking and non-random and talking about a culture without going into a conversation in which you know nothing just to talk, all of these things will either negatively affect your self-confidence or will affect the positive! Don’t talk unless you think about the words correctly, and make your reactions appropriate to you as a person who wants to give yourself confidence in front of others and certainly in front of yourself, these may be the most important point to gain confidence in yourself.
• Think about your strengths: Using what you’ve written in your list of accomplishments, and looking back at yourself and your life, think about what can pose your strengths and weaknesses, how others see them and devise from them the opportunities and obstacles you can go through. Be sure to focus on your strengths and feel grateful because you have those points that many people wish for.
• Don’t look for perfectionism
Perfectionism will always be an obstacle to you, if you want perfectionism in something and find yourself not yet achieved, certainly, this will affect you with low self-confidence and resentment, why didn’t I achieve it? What distinguishes others from achieving that thing that I failed to achieve! Of course, that’s wrong thinking. The person you are talking about he did not reach perfection in something else he dreamed of reaching perfection in, but failed and started the same comparison as you! You may even be better than that person in something. You won’t find one person complete at all, but beware of this doesn’t mean you’re standing in one line and don’t start to develop yourself and seek the best! We are just telling you don’t resent yourself if you don’t get to the point you want which is precisely perfect in everything, either it will affect your self-confidence in the positive or negative! You’re the one holding your reins.
• What’s important to you? And where you want to be: think about anything that is important to you, decide where you want to be and what you want to accomplish in your life, imagine that you are dead, think for a moment what you want people to remember you after you die, start identifying and writing your goals, and make sure that your goals are achievable and that Achievement of these goals is measurable, after you set those goals, you have to determine how you can get there and what steps you have to follow to achieve each of the goals, in this hour that you are setting your goals and how to reach them will save you a life that may be lost in the confusion and not knowing your ambitions and priorities.
• Resolve any conflicts or disputes with your boss or co-workers
Thinking and worrying about conflicts will take over your mind and interests and make you tired quickly. Don’t retreat you should face up. If you are open-minded, emotional and diplomatic in your approach, you may form a balanced bond to make the days easier and more enjoyable.
• Start managing your mind: You need at this stage to start managing your mind, and this is by learning how to stop and defeat negative messages and negative self-talk that would destroy your self-confidence, imagine yourself when you have achieved what was you working for, in this way you reach success that will increase your confidence.
• Obligate yourself to success: The last step in your journey preparation is to promise yourself a firm promise that you will continue your journey to success and that you will do everything in your power to overcome all the obstacles you face, if you have any doubts about your ability to achieve and complete what you started, write these doubts and fears and try to overcome them in Quietly and understanding.
• Talk to yourself and be her boyfriend: practice the good speech, the soul is familiar with it and be more comfortable. Don’t deprive yourself of this right because you are the most entitled person to hear it and practice saying it to yourself. Positive talk that will build our self-confidence and lead us to a better life.
Importance of self-confidence the beginning
From here you can start leisurely on your journey to your goals by doing the right thing and starting with small goals and achieving easy achievements to find yourself on the path to success through which you achieve self-confidence.
• Get the knowledge you need to succeed: Look at your goals and identify the skills you’ll need to achieve these goals, and then figure out how you’ll be able to acquire and learn these skills, think of a real plan through which you can acquire the required skills, such as taking a course.
• Focus on the basis: Don’t try to achieve more goals than you’ve written, but focus on the basic goals, especially on the small steps that get you to your goals. Don’t try to be perfect, but be realistic and enjoy achieving your goals step by step.
• Keep your mind under control: From time to time, make sure that you promote positive thoughts and find motivation and rewards whenever you achieve something to grow your own confidence and achievements. Also, let your negative thoughts and messages go away.
Steps to increase self-confidence
Follow these steps to increase your self-confidence:
• Find and practice a hobby that improves your mood and changes your self-esteem from a negative to a positive one.
• Speaking to your soul every day a positive speech, and with the repetition of this positive talk you will have noticeable results in yourself, because the unconscious or subconscious mind does not differentiate between what is real and what is imagination and with the repetition of positive speech every morning the unconscious mind believes with all the positive qualities that the person is talking about and helping him improve his living reality.
• Set small goals and achieve them, enjoy the sense of success and the reach of the desired goals, this step will enhance your self-confidence.
• Reading significantly in all human sciences, because science and culture increase a person’s self-confidence.
• Attention to your look and elegance, the appearance of any human being is the first thing that others see, and attention to it enhances self-trust and improves the impression of the person in other’s eyes.
• Always maintain a smile, because it has a magical and positive effect on the person himself and those people around him.
• Monitoring the food that you eat and stay away from fast food and artificially sweetened foods, all of these foods can cause stress, lethargy, and fatigue, affect your work, lead to obesity as well, and in the long run contribute to reducing the person’s self-confidence.
Tips for building self confidence | boosting self confidence
• Training the soul to master the body skill and facial expressions and walk correctly in thoughtful steps, you should stand correctly while keeping a straight back and raised head, all of these things are very possible to acquire and train the self to make these behaviors an essential feature of your personality.
• Take care of your personal appearance, elegance, and cleanliness, and make elegance become an essential feature of your personality.
• Mixing with positive people enhances a person’s self-confidence, and helps to increase learning from them and gain new experiences that anyone cannot gain by retiring and sitting at home.
• Participating in productive dialogues and discussions and stay away from sterile debates that do not have any usefulness to you.
Making alternative plans for bad habits
Replacing bad habits with other more positive habits is more effective than just a determination to leave the habit, the desired replacement is made before starting the bad habit, for example, the person who used to eat at night should keep two pieces of biscuits in his room, and eat them in the evening instead of wandering in the kitchen, and eating more, also long sitting online can be replaced by reading books, or calling family or friends.
The person can reward himself when he leaves bad habits or start to stay away from them, by buying some of the gifts he prefers, which are commensurate with the goals he has achieved, the more he has achieved difficult goals he chooses better gifts until he leaves those habits altogether.
self confidence exercises
This is a set of exercises that help increase self-confidence:
• Starting to talk to yourself in a positive way like saying: (I’m great, I’m special, I have the abilities to reach my goal, surely success will be my ally, I’m unusual and my personality is unique), and repeating this exercise every day will achieve excellent results for any person in his life.
• Develop a daily gratitude record for yourself, write the positives you have, review it whenever you have the opportunity and whenever you find yourself frustrated, also the person should remember all the achievements he has made during the day, such as succeeding in a job interview, reading a book, and reviewing it every night, all these simple steps will enhance any person’s self-confidence more and more.
Be in a hurry to achieve success
When you reach this stage you will feel confident, and you will have a lot of achievements to celebrate, and you may notice that setting goals is the skill that you will need to learn more than any other skill, and know that you have to distinguish between self-confidence and vanity, self-confidence is based on real achievements, skills and hard work, but vanity shows the insincerity of any person with himself and others, so avoid vanity and look at your achievements and derive your self-confidence from it, and note that your success in achieving goals will change your life in all its aspects for the better, in addition to developing your self-confidence.
It’s important to remember at the end that you are responsible for your impression in front of yourself and others, you should know that your self-confidence must be derived from your actions and achievements, not from people’s perception of you, also your self-confidence is often reflected in your relationship with others better, (positivity is the key to self-confidence).